Meet Charlene Ackley,
Charlene’s passion for design began as a child watching her mother sew. As she grew, her focus turned to colors, shapes, textures and styles, and how to combine them to create uniquely interesting and workable environments.
Her passion for service was a gift from her parents who taught her that honesty, integrity and an unfailing commitment to extraordinary service are the cornerstones of a successful life.
Her passion for her customers is apparent from your first meeting to the completion of your project. Her one objective is to make sure your finished project will meet or exceed your expectations – on time and on budget. An excellent communicator, Charlene knows how to actively listen in order to understand your design and decorating needs and goals; and maintains on-going communication with you throughout the project to make sure those goals and needs are met.
“I love every aspect of the design process – the initial meeting, the first designs on paper, and the final selections of fabric, paint and furnishings. But the real joy comes in seeing your reaction when you see the finished space and realize your dreams have come true.”
Interior Designer since 2006
Allied ASID – active member since 2007
- 2020-2021 – President for ASID MN Chapter
- 2019-2020 – President-Elect for ASID MN Chapter
- 2018 & 2019 – ASID Awards Gala Committee Member
- 2014 ASID Sponsorship Committee Chair
- 2012 ASID Fritz Weber Volunteer of Distinction Award
- 2011 & 2012 – ASID Annual Sample Sale Chair
- 2010 – ASID Annual Sample Sale Co-Chair
- 2009 – ASID Annual Sample Sale Committee Member
- 2008-2010 – ASID Design Directions Quarterly Magazine – Committee Member
- 2005, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 – ASID Showcase Home – Volunteer Interior Designer
- Bachelor of Science in Interior Design, Art Institutes International Minnesota
- Continuing education including workshops, seminars and classroom training to stay on top of industry trends and regulations, new products and materials, and health and safety issues in the design world.